Posts tagged facebook
Managing your company’s social media accounts is fun and easy, right? A few posts here, a few “Likes” there, what’s the big deal? But are you sure you’re not falling victim to one of social media’s seven deadly sins?:
- Not using social. First and foremost, if your business isn’t active on social, you’re already committing the worst of sins. Social puts you front and center in the public eye, and offers a direct line to you customers. You can bet your competition is already taking advantage of social media, so there’s no time to waste in getting you accounts fired up.
- Acting before thinking. More >
Here are six tips to strengthen your social media performance:
1. Hey Mike, what day is it? We’ve all heard the Geico Hump Day Camel commercial. Aside from a slightly obnoxious, although catchy advertisement, there is something else to be said for the middle of the week: According to Bit.ly research, customers are more likely to click through Facebook links on Wednesdays.
As for Twitter, weekends are More >
Jay Baer and Guy Kawasaki – two really smart guys with very different opinions about how to tackle social media. Here’s the basic premise – Should you have a social media strategy or just dive in with sleeves rolled-up?
Here’s my two cents – based on what I’ve learned about B2B social media in my time at Corporate Ink. Before you dive in, you need to understand who you want to reach – and if they’re actually paying attention to the platforms. Some questions to think about:
- Do I want to reach influencers (analysts, reporters, etc.) or prospects?
- Which channels are they participating on? More >
On March 30, Facebook will require all brand pages to switch over to its Timeline format. No longer will companies have the ability to set default landing pages, negating costly “like-gating” applications, nor will they get by with posts consisting of only a feed linked through Twitter. Just as Jay Baer points out on his Convince&Convert blog, Facebook is pushing businesses to interact like people with these sweeping alterations and it means big changes for most companies that want to use the platform.
With the Timeline format, brand pages that aren’t updated regularly or don’t have engaging More >