Pinterest: A New Channel for Sales & Marketing?
If a picture’s really worth a thousand words, Pinterest has a lot to say, and may skyrocket to the top of the social scene. This online bulletin board – filled with really outstanding photos of everything from cars and kids to technology and architecture – is quickly becoming a top shelf marketing tool for businesses.
The site attracts more than seven million unique visitors a month – with (I have to assume) millions returning (it’s addicting).
Shareaholic says Pinterest is driving more traffic to company sites and blogs than YouTube, Linkedin and Google+ combined. In fact, it’s so popular – that if you want to join, get in line. It may take months. (Tip: For VIP treatment, find someone you know … a.k.a., me … who has an account, and score an “inside invite” for instant access.)
Not quite sure how to use it to your advantage?
- Pin your recent infographics (linking back to your site for more info on the topic)
- Upload cool images from recent videos – where a single click takes those interested to your site where they can watch it
- Post pics of your products (but – just like with any social channel – strike the right balance between self-promotion and engagement)
Want to give it a shot? Comment here or shoot me an email; I’ll do my best to help catapult you to the front of the line.
By: Corinne Federici
- When Tragedy Strikes: A PR Checklist
- SEC’s Social Media Ruling Leaves Much to Be Determined
- Pinterest Unveils Web Analytics Tools
- Four Fast-and-Easy Ways To Use Vine For Marketing
- Social Rants, Evolving Policies and Who Holds the Legal Cards
- The Challenge of Measuring Social’s Impact on Sales
- PR Confidential: No Shortcuts for Results
- Creating More Powerful Calls to Actions with Social
- Hey B2B! Do You Know Who You’re Talking To?
- The Power of LinkedIn: Web Traffic